Beef - Side - Deposit
THIS IS YOUR DEPOSIT
- $4.15/lb on hanging weight (HW*) for your side of beef.
- A side of beef generally weighs 250-350 lbs.
- $1,245 approximate total for a side of beef (based on 300 lb HW side of beef).
- $285 approximate total for processing ($0.95/lb on HW for cut, wrap & freeze, based on 300 lb HW beef).
- $1,530 approximate grand total for beef & processing on a 300 lb HW side of beef.
CHOOSE YOUR OPTIONS
If you'd like us to facilitate having your beef cut there will be a $0.95/lb on HW cut fee. There are two cutting options when ordering a side of beef:
- Standard Option - this includes a mix of steaks, roasts and ground beef. This option maximizes use of the whole side of beef.
- Choose Your Own - you will fill out your own cut sheet and choose how your meat is cut. We’ll send you a form to fill out and assist you as needed.
OTHER WAYS TO ORDER
We have 50 lb, 100 lb boxes, and whole beef options available in other listings.
*Hanging weight (HW) is the post-slaughter weight of the animal. You might notice a difference between the hanging weight you pay for and the actual weight of meat you receive. This difference depends on what you choose as far as boneless cuts, marrow bones, organ meat, fat, and trim.
About Buying Wholesale CSA Meat
Buying wholesale meat is an investment in the future of our farm. We operate on a modified Community Supported Agriculture (CSA) system. Your early season deposit helps us cover the cost of raising meat that we know is sold. Farming requires a hefty initial investment and your CSA order helps us plan for the coming season.
You pay this initial deposit to confirm your order which will be ready in a specified time frame. Our chickens are generally ready for pickup from June– November. Our grass-fed beef is generally available for pickup November – March. Our pork is generally available on a monthly rolling basis depending on demand.
After placing your order, you'll receive a confirmation email with an approximate timeframe of when your meat will be ready. Please add firstname.lastname@example.org to your contact list.
Pickup will be on farm at Old Crow Ranch at 427 Davis Rd. in Durham, ME. You'll receive an email 1-2 weeks before pickup to schedule the time and date. As always, please reach out to us with any questions or concerns.
Deposits are refundable up to 30 days before your meat pick up day. Please contact us directly if you need to cancel your order.