Pork - Whole - Deposit
THIS IS YOUR DEPOSIT
- $4.75/lb on hanging weight for your whole hog
- A whole hog generally weighs 200 - 250 lbs
- $1,045 approximate total for pork (based on 220 lb hog)
- $330 approximate total for processing ($1.50/lb on HW for cut, cure, cryo wrap, freeze; based on 220 lb hog)
- $1375 Grand Total pork and processing a 220 lb whole hog.
CHOOSE YOUR OPTIONS
If you'd like us to facilitate your pork being processed you have a couple more decisions to make: cure, cutting & sausage flavors.
CURE OPTIONS (OCR cure is only available at Farmers Gate Market, Weston's uses standard cure)
There are two cure options
- Standard Cure ($1.50/lb on HW) - uses the classic pink salt (chemically derived nitrate) to help preserve your meat in the curing and smoking process.
- OCR Cure ($1.65/lb on HW) - uses celery juice powder (naturally derived nitrate) to help preserve your meat in the curing and smoking process.
There are three cutting options:
- Standard Option - this includes a mix of ham, ham steaks, bacon, chops, roasts and ground/sausage. This option maximizes use of the whole side of beef.
- Sausage/Ground Heavy Option - a whole pork estimated at 200-250 lbs, includes approximately: 2 - 5 lb ham roast, 26 lbs of bacon (sliced & in ½ lb packages), 12 – 2 packs of bone-in pork chops, 2 whole tenderloins, 2 whole racks spare ribs, 50+ lbs bulk packed sausage or ground pork in 1 lb packages (you choose 2 flavors: breakfast, sweet Italian, Hungarian Bratwurst, Tuscan, hot Italian, Chorizo, ground pork), leaf lard, fat back. Disclaimer: this option cuts out a lot of the bones that you’ve paid for with hanging weight. The weight of meat you receive will be significantly less than the hanging weight.
- Choose Your Own - you will fill out your own cut sheet and choose how your meat is cut. We’ll send you a form to fill out and assist you as needed.
OTHER WAYS TO ORDER
Wholesale, you may choose a side of pork or in the farm store you may buy pork but the cut or value pack.
*Hanging weight (HW) is the post-slaughter weight of the animal. You might notice a difference between the hanging weight you pay for and the actual weight of meat you receive. This difference depends on what you choose as far as boneless cuts, marrow bones, organ meat, fat, and trim.
About Buying Wholesale CSA Meat
Buying wholesale meat is an investment in the future of our farm. We operate on a modified Community Supported Agriculture (CSA) system. Your early season deposit helps us cover the cost of raising meat that we know is sold. Farming requires a hefty initial investment and your CSA order helps us plan for the coming season.
You pay this initial deposit to confirm your order which will be ready in a specified time frame. Our chickens are generally ready for pickup from June– November. Our grass-fed beef is generally available for pickup November – March. Our pork is generally available on a monthly rolling basis depending on demand.
After placing your order, you'll receive a confirmation email with an approximate timeframe of when your meat will be ready. Please add email@example.com to your contact list.
Pickup will be on farm at Old Crow Ranch at 427 Davis Rd. in Durham, ME. You'll receive an email 1-2 weeks before pickup to schedule the time and date. As always, please reach out to us with any questions or concerns.
Deposits are refundable up to 30 days before your meat pick up day. Please contact us directly if you need to cancel your order.